TYNDALL GULF COAST SALUTE OPEN HOUSE
We would be honored to have you as a visitor during our air show. In order the make your visit with us a fun and safe experience, please follow the security and safety guidelines listed below.
In order to keep prohibited items off the flight line, all bags will be briefly inspected as you come through flight line entry points. Additionally, all individuals are subject to search. To keep delays to a minimum, remember that the following items are not permitted and may be confiscated:
- Backpacks, ice chests and coolers.
- Any bags larger than a small purse or fanny pack. This includes duffle bags, briefcases and large camera bags.
- ALL weapons (regardless of permit) including: firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), walking sticks (except for handicap use) and all other items that our Security Forces deem dangerous. Confiscated items will not be returned.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Pets (other than service animals).
- Glass containers.
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades or skateboards.
- Illegal drugs.
- UAVs/Drones and remote controlled airplanes of any kind
All authorized items will be inspected prior to entering the flight line. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of authorized items to reduce the time required for inspection prior to access into the flight line area. The following items are permitted:
- Cell phones, pagers, hand held portable televisions, radios, scanners and hand held video game devices.
- Small fanny packs and purses.
- Cameras, camcorders and tripods (owners may not load film prior to entering the show area as they may be required to open all compartments at security checkpoints).
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs (chairs in bags are subject to search).
- Umbrellas and sunshades.
- Baby bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the flight line, in the vicinity of aircraft, vendor tents or chalets. There will be designated smoking areas.
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises.
- Sun protection, including hats, long-sleeved shirts, long pants and sun screen are recommended.
- Wear comfortable footgear; the flight line is paved, and you may walk long distances.
- All vendor vehicles are subject to search.
- Please remember to adhere to the Prohibited and Authorized Items lists. You may have to park a long distance from the entry point; it may be upsetting to have to return to your vehicle to take back prohibited items.
- Visitors may purchase food, souvenirs and beverages at the show.
- Security personnel are there to help; please follow all of their instructions.
- Keep an eye on young children, the crowd is large; it only takes one second for them to get away from you. If you become a “lost parent” there is a designated location across from the children’s play area, next to the red cross tent, where unaccompanied children will be taken.
- If your child is unable to tell security their name in the event they are lost, please ensure their name is marked somewhere on them so they can be identified and safely returned.
- Very few things on our flight line are soft to the touch; most things are made of metal and have lots of edges on them. Keep your eyes focused in the direction you’re walking and be aware of low-hanging aircraft components.
- Medical personnel are on call to render assistance to anyone that requires it. Notify any security personnel or air show worker if you or any member of your group requires medical attention.
- Set a designated meeting place so in the event the members in your party become separated, they will know where to go to rendezvous.